AIP Designated Employer Job Post – Cook (Chinese Cuisine) – Baddeck
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
Employer does not wish to be contacted directly.
An Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP) program designated employer is looking to hire a cook full time in
the town of Baddeck, Victoria County, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
Please read carefully the below before submitting an application:
- Candidate must be willing to work full time, year round and settle in the town of Baddeck.
- This position is for immediate hiring, as such, only candidates that are inside Canada with an
LMIA Exempt work permit (Open Work Permit, Post-Grad Work Permit, Working Holiday Visa…)
will be considered.
- Candidates must posses a minimum of 1-2 year of relevant cooking experience in a commercial
- Candidate must have Chinese Cuisine experience.
- References must be provided with application (cover letter
- The candidate will have the chance to be endorsed under the AIP for permanent residency with
additional support to help them (candidate and their family) settle and integrate in the town of
- Subject to negotiation, accommodation will be part of the compensation package.
- Prepare and cook complete Chinese meals
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and
monitor and order supplies
Position Closing Date: Open until positions are filled
Number of positions available: 2 (two)
Pay rate: $14.00-$15.00/HR
Duration of contract: 18 Months to start (subject to negotiation)
Start Date: Immediately
How to apply:
Write a cover letter detailing:
- How you meet the minimum 1 year experience
- Highlighting your qualifications in the Food Service industry
- Why you believe the town of Baddeck might be a good fit for you
- Provide at least 2 references from previous work experience relevant to the position.
To apply submit your application to
Subject Line: COOK_CB
Deadline for applications: Thursday, June 28th, 2018