• Job ID #: 623
• Functional Area: Appraisal
• Business Unit: Altus Expert Services
• Division: Research, Valuation and Advisory
• Location: Moncton, NB, CAN
• Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions
to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics, and Altus Expert
Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled
capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value
on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500
employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every
day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life
Altus Group is currently seeking a candidate in the position of a Consultant based out of our
Moncton, New Brunswick office to join our Research, Valuation and Advisory division. The
Consultant will be responsible for preparing appraisals and/or consulting reports with limited
need for review.
• University Bachelor’s degree or related experience in appraisal/real estate valuation
• +5 years of related experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation & advisory
• AACI designation (or close to obtaining)
• Excellent knowledge of the commercial real estate industry & market dynamics
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
• Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation, in order to
complete comprehensive appraisal and consulting reports
• Where applicable, working knowledge in creating financial modeling in Excel, ARGUS,
Dyna, Marshall & Swift, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to teach others how to use the latest technology
• Bilingual in French is an asset
• Preparing accurate appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from
various internal/external partners. Limited senior co-worker revision is anticipated.
• Developing cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry
standard software such as ARGUS, or other appropriate software. Limited senior coworker
review is anticipated.
• Ensuring data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the
company database in a timely fashion.
• Performing property inspections
• Managing client relationships in a manner that leads to contract renewal, referrals and
service expansion including up-sells and cross-sells.
• Maintaining ongoing client communication and resolve issues. Escalate issues to next
level of management as required.
• Coaching, training and mentoring Senior Analysts and Analysts by transferring skill and
• Developing internal network and relationships to facilitate information sharing, cross
selling and expansion of service offerings to clients.
• Actively engaging external market participants including networking events and company