Job ID #: 591
• Functional Area: Tax Advisory
• Business Unit: Altus Expert Services
• Division: Property Tax
• Location: Halifax, NS, CAN
• Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions
to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics, and Altus Expert
Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled
capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value
on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500
employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every
day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life
Altus Group is currently seeking a candidate in the position of a Commercial Real Estate Tax
Analyst based out of our Halifax, Nova Scotia office to join our Property Tax division. The Tax
Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of property assessment,
tax, rental and operating data, as directed, which is to be used in the provision of property
assessment and tax consulting services.
• New graduate of University Bachelor’s degree in business, math, finance or economics;
or College Diploma; or related experience in property tax
• Good communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Basic Skills in assessment and tax analysis, such as Access and Altus Tools
• Basic research, quantitative and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Ensure in a proactive manner that all necessary property data for client properties
needed to provide assessment and tax consulting services is obtained and organized in
a timely matter. Extensive senior co-worker review is anticipated.
• Assist in the preparation of analysis or project tracking reports using standard software
such as Excel, Word, Access, Altus Tools or other appropriate software. Extensive
senior co-worker review is anticipated.
• Conduct research and collect data from both internal databases and third party sources
with respect to market rental dates, comparable building transactions, comparable
assessment data and general market knowledge.
• Ensure data collected as part of an on-going assignment is entered accurately.
• Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding property assessment and
taxation practices and procedures.
• Work cooperatively with team members across the organization.
• Provide input and assistance with the developments and implementation of best
practices across the business unit.
• Develop internal network and relationships to facilitate information sharing.