Why work for the Marine Atlantic team?
As part of the Marine Atlantic team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities to navigate your career and chart your course for success. We provide a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
Qualifications to be considered
Business or Technical Degree
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training, and work experience in a related position.
- Supervisory experience, ideally working in the transportation industry
- Strong customer service background and experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment
- Accident Investigation Experience
- Dangerous Goods Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- WHMIS Certificate
- Emergency Response Certification and Experience
- Proficient in both Official Languages, English and French
TOWES (TEST of Workplace Essential Skills) is part of the selection process for this position.
- Ensure that Terminal activities associated with vessel loading and offloading are planned and coordinated to maximize efficiencies and maintain on-time performance;
- Ensure compliance with Company and legislated safety practices and procedures (e.g. holding daily toolbox meetings, documenting safety incidents, ensuring employee compliance with personal protective equipment, etc.);
- Provide supervisory support to Terminal staff to provide a high level of customer service in accordance with company standards and policies. Interact with customers and staff in a professional and courteous manner, addressing customer questions and issues as required.
- Investigate incidents involving employee or customer injuries or property damage; conduct root cause analysis and make recommendations on corrective actions; follow up to ensure corrective actions have been taken;
- Ensure daily staffing levels at the Terminal are appropriate to meet operational requirements by assessing the daily traffic volumes and vessel schedule;
- Prepare daily traffic related reports to be distributed to designated shore and vessel departments, and managers;
- Coordinate with appropriate persons or departments to address maintenance or equipment deficiencies or repairs required at the Terminal.
How do I become a part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4 pm Atlantic Time on 14 May 2019.
All applicants must apply online: