Are you a recent university graduate looking for an opportunity to work up-‐close and personal with an exciting collection of art? The Cape Breton University Art Gallery seeks a mature, motivated individual to assist with the BioArt Exhibit and programming of a speaker series as well as contribute to the coordinating team of the STEAM Conference and the Community Window project. If you are a recent university graduate with a high degree of attention to detail and a thorough approach to projects, then this could be the job for you.
Job Title: ArtSci Exhibitions and Events Coordinator
Location: Cape Breton University Art Gallery
When: July 10, 2017 – January 19, 2018
Rate of Pay: $ 13.00/hour for 32.5 hrs per week
Applicants wishing to be considered for this job must be registered for the Young Canada Works on-‐line candidate inventory. YCW criteria state that candidates must be between 16-‐30 years of age; must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have refugee status; must be a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment; must not have another full-‐time job (30 hours +); must not be collecting Employment Insurance (EI); and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Our ideal candidate has an undergraduate or graduate degree in art history, history, cultural studies, studio art, anthropology, history, or an equivalent field related to culture and heritage.
- Familiarity with the field of art-‐science is not necessary but is considered an asset.
- The candidate should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet applications (basic knowledge of WordPress and social media platforms).
- While not a requirement, a background in information science and proficiency with database software are considered an asset.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written language skills.
- S/he should have strong interpersonal, planning, and organizational, and time management skills.
- S/he must also possess the ability to work independently and/or collaborative with others to achieve overall goals and objectives.
- CBU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginals, and persons with disabilities.
Please send a digital cover letter and resume to:
AND be registered with Young Canada Works
(To register with YCW visit: https://young-‐canada-‐works.canada.ca/Account/Register & indicate that you are applying for the ArtSci Exhibitions and Events Co-‐ordinator position.)
Applications must be received by 4pm June 30, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be