What you bring to the role: A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviours such as the following:
- You are an alumni or graduating student from a college diploma program, including but not limited to Business Administration, Accounting or Information Technology.
- Desire to work in Halifax.
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task, cope with changing priorities and a strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess advanced Microsoft Office skills, with a focus on Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- This position is NOT for those candidates wishing to pursue their CPA designation. Recruiting for CPA candidate roles will begin in Fall 2018. CPA candidate opportunities can be found by visiting kpmg.ca/careers.
What you will do: As an Analyst you will be part of an engagement team supporting TRC and IARCS with RC assignments across a variety of industry groups, including Consumer & Industrial markets, Banking & Financial Services, Dairy, Forestry and Natural resources, and Public Sector. As part of the TRC and IARCS practices, you will be involved in the delivery and execution of internal audit and compliance audit services to our clients; Conducting assessments of IT risks and controls, including general IT controls and automated controls embedded within information systems within the context of supporting the external audit, IT internal audit or attestation engagements such as CSAE 3416 / SSAE 18 Service Organization Control (SOC) audits. You will be involved in reviewing, analyzing and summarizing documents, and financial information; performing data analytics; conducting process reviews and performing tests of controls where necessary. With the expectation of upholding a high quality of service, you will gain knowledge of KPMG’s TRC and IARCS process and procedures, perform procedures remotely communicating via Skype and email, and in some situations you will participate in client meetings.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Overview of the opportunity: KPMG’s Advisory practice is growing, and is establishing a Halifax OnShore Risk Consulting Professional Service Centre. Our Risk Consulting (RC) practice provides clients with a range of Advisory and Assurance services focused on strengthening business resilience, managing business risks, and driving business performance. These services include:
- Technology Risk Consulting (TRC)
- Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS)
- Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Forensic and Investigative Accounting (FOR)
When you join the Halifax Onshore RC Professional Service Centre you will initially be working with TRC and IARCS professionals based in Toronto. As the Centre grows more service lines will be brought onboard. From KPMG’s Halifax office you will help our clients manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client’s business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance. As an OnShore Consultant you will be working as part of the TRC and IARCS practices to deliver on a variety of assignments.
Our Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization’s business strategies and related business processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance.
The Technology Risk Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. KPMG’s TRC services assist our clients to effectively identify, evaluate, and manage the broad range of opportunities, risks, controls, and compliance requirements associated with their use of and reliance on technology-enabled processes, services and solutions, whether developed and operated in-house or provided by third parties.
Please apply directly to KPMG at kpmg.ca/careers.
All applications must be received no later than Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 by 11:59pm EST.
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Hiring Manager and should include a cover letter, resume, and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website.
If you experience any difficulties with the online system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.