• Job ID #: 621
• Functional Area: Appraisal
• Business Unit: Altus Expert Services
• Division: Research, Valuation and Advisory
• Location: Moncton, NB, CAN
• Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions
to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics, and Altus Expert
Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled
capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value
on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500
employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every
day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life
Altus Group is currently seeking an Analyst to join our Research, Valuation, and Advisory
division with our Moncton, New Brunswick office. The Analyst will work within a dynamic team
gaining experience in (but not limited to) land valuation, appraisal methods, building inspections,
and data analysis.
The Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of industrial to
commercial real estate data, which is to be used for property assessment and valuation
consulting services. In addition, the role will work closely with senior staff providing research
and consulting support for key assignments.
• University or college degree, preferably in Business, Economics, or Finance or related
experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
• Valid driver’s license is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (vlookup, if statements, pivot
• Basic skills in creating financial models (i.e. Excel, Argus, Dyna, etc.)
• Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness
• Ability to take initiative and be resourceful
• Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics
• Availability to work flexible hours and travel locally for building inspections
• Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) designation is considered an asset
• Bilingual in French is an asset
• Prepare accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market
information obtained from various internal / external partners. Extensive senior co‐
worker review is anticipated.
• Develop cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry
standard software such as Excel, Argus DCF, Argus Enterprise, Argus Developer or
other appropriate software. Extensive senior co‐worker review is anticipated.
• Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third party sources
with respect to market rental rates, comparable building transactions and general market
• Ensure data collected as part of on‐going assignments is entered accurately into the
company database in a timely fashion.
• Conduct market surveys and research by calling various market participants (e.g.
brokers, developers, property managers, leasing agents, municipalities, City Planners,
• In partnership with the Senior Consultant perform building inspections.
• Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends.
• Accurately complete time sheets on a daily basis ensuring non billable time and
recoverable expenses are clearly outlined.
• Become a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Maintain Candidate status
by completing requirements outline by the AIC, e.g. completing minimum of one (1) of
the required courses towards designation per year.