• Job ID #: 489
• Functional Area: Appraisal
• Business Unit: Altus Expert Services
• Division: Research, Valuation and Advisory
• Location: Halifax, NS, CAN
• Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions
to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert
Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled
capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value
on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500
employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every
day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life
Altus Group is currently seeking a recent graduate in the entry level position of an Analyst
based out of our Halifax, Nova Scotia office to join our Research, Valuation, and Advisory
The Analyst will be responsible for preparing analysis and appraisal reports and cash flow
projections as directed by the Consultant, Senior Consultant or Director to be used in the
• New Graduate of University Degree, preferably Bachelor in Commerce, Economics, or
Finance, or related experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation & advisory
consulting is an asset
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
• Valid Driver’s license is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Etc.)
• Basic skills in creating financial models (i.e. Excel, ARGUS, Dyna, etc.)
• Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness
• Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics
• Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) considered an asset
• Real Estate experience would be considered an asset.
• Prepare accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market
information obtained from various internal / external partners. Extensive senior co‐
worker review is anticipated.
• Develop cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry
standard software such as ARGUS, Dyna or other appropriate software
• Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third party sources
with respect to market rental rates, comparable building transactions and general market
• Ensure data collected as part of on‐going assignments is entered accurately into the
company database in a timely fashion.
• In partnership with the Consultant, Sr. Consultant, Associate Director, Director, or Sr.
Director, perform building inspections.
• Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends
• Accurately complete time sheets on a daily basis ensuring non billable time and
recoverable expenses are clearly outlined.
• Become a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Maintain Candidate status
by completing requirements outline by the AIC, e.g. co