Tourism Nova Scotia is a private sector led Provincial Crown Corporation created to drive tourism growth in the Province and foster a more globally competitive tourism industry through innovative, strategic marketing and sector development initiatives. This is achieved by marketing Nova Scotia as a desirable tourism destination, fostering cooperative relationships, partnerships and initiatives amongst the various private and public stakeholders that comprise the province’s tourism sector, and by generating research and information regarding tourism that support marketing and that inform strategic and investment decision making by private and public sector stakeholders.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Province of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or on your resume.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business, marketing, communications and/or tourism, plus 3 years related experience; or, an equivalent combination of training and experience, is required.
- The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of marketing and excellent interpersonal skills with a high skill level in both written and verbal communication to effectively handle communications with a range of individuals and organizations.
- Must be a team player with excellent organizational and time management skills. S/he will have the ability to develop and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-sufficiency and command of various computer software applications including (but not limited to) Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Travel within the province is required and occasional travel nationally and internationally may also be required. Ability to work outside of normal business hours may also be required.
Reporting to the Manager, Market Development and a key member of the Market Development team, the Coordinator is responsible for fostering the growth of tourism as a key economic sector through the delivery of programming through a business-to-business strategy. S/he provides project management support for projects and events, funding programs and partnership agreements. S/he administers the Familiarization Tour Program, including itinerary development, negotiating and contracting of services, and frequent guiding of clients from national and international markets. S/he coordinates budget processes including the preparation and maintenance of budget records, analysis and reconciliation of accounts, and process of invoices. The Market Development Coordinator supports a number of active projects, particularly during key periods of travel for the team, and coordinates the necessary implementation of tasks in a timely and professional manner. S/he provides advice and information services to individuals, businesses and industry operators with a strong customer service focus. Also, s/he provides consultation and facilitation support for the tourism industry that inform strategic and investment decisions; fosters a broad range of effective stakeholder relations and partnerships.
The above qualifications will be assessed using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer or will result in termination of your employment.
Pay Grade: PR 6-10
Salary Range: $43,776. – $62,776.
Closing Date: November 14, 2017