Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales and Business Development Representative is a crucial team member of the Commercial Fuels Group, responsible for an assigned territory in the Sydney, Nova Scotia and surrounding region. The successful candidate for Bluewave Energy, will demonstrate industry leading outside sales management skills and is responsible for maximizing revenue by creating, managing and implementing best in class sales development activities, acquiring and maintaining new accounts as well as retaining existing accounts to maximize growth.
- Previous sales or customer service experience
- Formal sales training, either on the job or from formal courses
- Industry specific knowledge and or sales experience is considered an asset
- Results oriented, good attitude to prospect, communicate and identify opportunities for success
- Excellent customer service focus is crucial
- Flexible, goal-oriented, strong interpersonal, time management and organization skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Achieve volume and margin sales targets for Commercial Fuels, Propane and Lubricants business with approximately 70% of time on prospecting for new business and 30% managing existing business
- Develop a strong relationship with key accounts to maintain a high level of service and client loyalty
- Work closely with operations and support functions to facilitate solutions for the customer
- Tracks volumes, number and margins by reviewing sales reports
- Maintains and updates the weekly “Sales Force” software and attend sales meetings
- Keeps up-to-date and maintains understanding of B139 Nova Scotia code book (oil), and B149-2-15 (propane), transportations tank regulations, federal and provincial guidelines for tank and petroleum storage and the company safety regulation
- Performs various administrative duties including preparing expense and commission reports using excel
- Willingness to travel with some overnights will be required
Parkland is unique.
We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies. Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, and Superpumper Inc. Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
Our main priority at Parkland is our people. As an employee, you can expect a fair workplace, a professional work environment, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and a share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and our Annual Incentive Plan.
To apply, send resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 27 at 3pm.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Fuel Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.
If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.