Accountable for the planning, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of various recreational, sport, cultural, programs and special events to meet the needs and interests of citizens of the Municipality.
STATUS: Inside Bargaining Unit
SALARY: As per Collective Agreement
Regular Full Time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current national and provincial trends and strategies for recreation
- Experience in working with volunteers and community organizations.
- Ability to coordinate and implement programs and special events.
- Ability to perform Administrative Office duties.
- Efficiency in rvlicrosoft office software including Word & Excel.
- Ability to form community networks, participate in community partnerships, to meet and discuss concepts with community groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, community groups and the general public.
- Experience in website, Joomla, social media promotions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
- Degree in Recreation, Physical Education or similar, plus three years of experience in recreational services. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NS Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of the SAP system would be considered an asset.
- A medical assessment including vision and hearing tests. Medical assessment must show the capacity of performing tasks of the classification.
- Emergency First Aid – Level A CPR & Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training (Current)
- Identify the nature and scope of programs and special events offered in the Region by completing and maintaining a complete inventory of current programs. This inventory will also include the current and proposed methods of funding, Municipally, Provincially and Federally.
- To ensure satisfactory recreational programming and special events by implementing established policies, procedures and standards to meet the identified needs of the Community.
- To promote community involvement in programming and special events by working with community groups, organizations and individuals to build capacity and provide support for programming needs.
- To ensure that the identified community programming and special events needs are met through effective scheduling and coordination of recreational programs throughout the Municipality.
- To coordinate and manage part time staff and volunteers to deliver recreation programs and special events within the region.
- To ensure that quality recreational opportunities are available at the regional level through continuous evaluation of programs and activities within the designated district(s).
- To coordinate scheduling of Municipal operated facilities within the region.
- To establish and coordinate programs in accordance with the Municipal Physical Activity Strategy and the respective coordinator.
- To be knowledgeable of the CBRM Active Transportation Plan and its impact on the region.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4:00 p.m. Monday, October 29th_ 2018
Applications quoting Reference # 18.49-E should be directed to:
Human Resources Department, Cape Breton Regional Municipality, 320 Esplanade, Suite 303 Sydney, N. S. BtP 7B9 – Fax: 902-563-5582 or E-mail: email@example.com
Applications/Resumes may also be submitted in the drop-off box: Main Floor, City Hall during regular working hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
CBRM is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and encourages applications from the designated groups; women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities. CBRM encourages the need for respect, integrity, diversity, accountability and the public good.