About the opportunity
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada’s mission is ‘Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services’. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family’s strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family’s belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed.
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
The Community Disability Services program in Edmonton, Alberta helps people with developmental disabilities high behaviours, complex mental health needs and addictions. Through community living and life skill coaching, career development and family support, our highly skilled team encourage inclusion and participation to become active and involved in their communities.
The Program Manager provides operational and administrative direction for the development, implementation and management of the Community Disability Support Services program in this CARF-accredited agency. The Program Manager hires, trains and manages a diverse staff of Disability Support Workers, Practitioners and Team Leads. Other responsibilities of this challenging position include program staff scheduling, coordinating individual program plans, working directly with persons served and their families, and ensuring service complies with company and program policies, legislation and CARF accreditation standards. The Program Manager reports to the Program Director.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Child & Youth Work, Addictions etc.
• 3-5 years similar management experience, preferably in disabilities or social work field
• Experience with high behaviour management, complex mental health needs and/or addictions.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, team building skills – including coaching and mentoring skills.
• Observation and interpretive skills to support service integration and delivery; including the ability to identify variances and formulate appropriate action plans.
• Conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention skills.
• Strong understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and standards.
• Experience working with computer/business software programs.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
- Employee Development – 5 year(s)
- Management – 5 year(s)
- Performance Management – 5 year(s)
- Program Design – 5 year(s)
- Program Manager – 5 year(s)
- Program Supervisor – 5 year(s)
- Supervisor – 5 year(s)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- CARF Accreditation
- Child and youth care
- Disability Practitioner
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Implementing Programs
- Office Administration
- Social Work Diploma
- Team Lead
In Your Role You Will
• Assist Program Director to develop, implement, manage and evaluate high-quality, community disability services and programming.
• Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and values of the agency and CARF accreditation and the use of best practices when supporting persons served.
• Interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate Disability Service Workers.
• Motivate employees through performance management and professional development to peak performance and productivity; take disciplinary action when required.
• Advocate for, plan and implement changes in response to client needs/desires
• Ensure client files, reports and critical incidents are reported and managed accordingly.
• Assist in future contract negotiations with funders.
• Collect, organize, prepare and maintain files, records, reports, etc. for agency, ministry and CARF accreditation.
• Communicate regularly with agencies, funders, professionals, etc. involved with persons served.
• Provide on-call and emergency coverage on cell phone as required.
• Facilitate monthly staff meetings.
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Program Manager – Community Disability Support Services
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30 to 4:30 As this is a management position, some evenings & weekends required.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 – $0.0000 /Hour
Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.