About the job
At Marine Atlantic, we do so much more than get people from point A to point B. Whether it’s reunions, long-awaited trips home, or the start of a new adventure, we bring people together. We couldn’t bring people together every day without our own dedicated employees. Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented team-players who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
Marine Atlantic is currently looking for 2 Students to work with our Information Management department located in North Sydney, Nova Scotia.
The IT/IM Division is charged with all Information Technology and Information Management functions for Marine Atlantic. This includes the complete life-cycle (from deployment to disposition) of all IT systems, proactively seeking out IT improvements areas, delivering IT services and supporting these IT services for internal clients. The IT/IM division is critical for ensuring the necessary systems, infrastructure and support are available to enable the day to day operation all other functional areas of MAI. The IT/IM division is also critical to ensuring that corporate information is appropriately managed and protected, as well as that the Management of Marine Atlantic has the information it needs to run the organization effectively and efficiently.
Education, Certification and Experience
Student enrolled in Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Management, or similar program;
- Must have completed at least one year of study;
- Well-developed analytical skills, written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Has a keen interest in records and information management;
- Is a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and is detail oriented;
- Is proficient with computers including the Microsoft Office suite;
- Must be able to lift up to 22 kg
- Work experience in records management, archives, or similar role;
- Knowledge of IM frameworks, processes, applications, and systems.
The Information Management Student reports to the Manager Information Management and the purpose of the position is to assist in the maintenance of the records and information management program.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assists in the maintenance of the records and information management program;
- Assists in coordinating the effective operation of the corporate records centre;
- Ensures confidentiality and security of information is maintained at all times;
- Adheres to legal requirements;
- Promote a safe working environment; attends and participates in tool box meetings as required, reports any unsafe work practices or equipment to co-workers and manager
Pay: $15.00 per hour
No of positions: 2
All applicants must apply with their cover letter and resume to: