At Marine Atlantic, we do so much more than get people from point A to point B. Whether it’s reunions, long-awaited trips home, or the start of a new adventure, we bring people together. We couldn’t bring people together every day without our own dedicated employees. Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented team-players who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
Marine Atlantic is currently looking for an Applications Management Supervisor to work with our Information Technology Department. The successful candidate may choose to work from North Sydney, NS or Port aux Basques, NL.
Education, Certification and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Formal Training/Certification in Project Management with valid PMP Certification preferred
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training and experience in a related position
- Ability to manage, lead and mentor employees.
- Experience with diverse teams across multiple geographical locations.
- Experience building and maintaining effective working relationships in a multi-vendor, multi-client environment.
- Strong Project/Time Management skills.
- Sound communication skills and experience working alongside other IT and business management professionals.
- Strong customer service skills and customer service focused.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex information to individuals at all levels.
- Detail oriented, well organized and a demonstrated ability to function effectively with a high degree of interdependence and autonomy.
- Ability to manage multiple coordinating work plans while respecting all deadlines (includes skills in organization, prioritization and multi-tasking).
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM and other industry standard IT support related frameworks.
Reporting to the Manager IT Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring our existing application portfolio is supported and maintained. The Applications Management Supervisor ensures that IT/IM Operations and Support initiatives are developed in a strategic, coordinated and collaborative manner that aligns with industry best practices and corporate goals and values. The position is accountable to provide leadership for activities associated with the execution of new and existing application implementations. A key element of this position will be in working with the Sr. Service Desk Supervisor to develop and mature IT Operations and Support procedures to align with industry best
Additional Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and foster effective working relationships with key vendors as well as across the organization through communication, facilitationand strong influencing skills to ensure full alignment and collaboration required to deliver IT/IM strategic plans/initiatives practices and standards.
- Ensure that the strategic objectives of IT/IM are followed when IT Operations and Support direction is required on corporate projects.
- Monitor, organize and facilitate the inter-connected portfolio of IT Operation initiatives to maximize program performance and value to the organization.
- Responsible for the processes, governance and tools used to plan, create, assess, balance and communicate the execution of the project/program portfolio.
- Coordinate cross-project activities and requirements.
- As a contributor to IT/IM processes and procedures, works to ensure continual service improvement in the delivery of IT Operations and Support services.
- Proactively identify and present opportunities to senior IT and business management for applying developments in technology to the challenges faced by the business.
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key IT Operations metrics.
- Ensure a smooth delivery of services and communication of technology issues to the entire user community.
How do I apply for this opportunity?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4 pm (Atlantic Time) on 21 May 2019.
All applicants must apply on line at:
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada
At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Marine Atlantic invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. If you are a member of one of these groups, we invite you to self-identify on your application, cover letter or resume.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department (email@example.com).