The Nova Scotia Tourism Human Resource Council is seeking a Program Coordinator to assist in the delivery of training and human resource initiatives for the tourism industry in Nova Scotia.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager of Operations the Program Coordinator will be responsible to assist with the coordination and delivery of training programs and Industry initiatives as assigned.
Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia/Nova Scotia Tourism Human Resource Council Candidates will have:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent writing and technical skills
- Relevant background in tourism, public relations, business, marketing or other
- Exceptional customers service skills
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- The duties above are merely a general accounting of the responsibilities of this position at this point in time and as such, subject to change.
- In addition, new duties outside the scope of this position may be assigned as deemed necessary by management.
The Program Coordinator will carry out NSTHRC/TIANS activities in a professional manner and assist the team to ensure NSTHRC/TIANS meets and exceeds objectives.
With a commitment to quality assurance, the Program Coordinator will provide service excellence to the Nova Scotia Tourism Industry.
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate scheduling of NSTHRC programs including facilitators, dates, locations
- Communicate upcoming NSTHRC and TIANS initiatives to Industry
- Assist with financials (i.e. draft budgets, invoice/purchase orders)
- Assist with meeting provincial program targets
- Assist in preparation of program and yearly reports
- Maintain current databases and assist in development of new processes
- Assist in regular correspondence with programs
- Assist with scheduling of evaluators and facilitators for various projects
- Assist with research and development of programs
- Act as liaison for NSTHRC and TIANS program participants
- Represent NSTHRC/TIANS at relevant meetings/events/trade shows
General duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of correspondence/packages in response to information requests
- Timely response to correspondence and phone calls
- Provide coverage for Office Reception as required
- Identify new opportunities for program delivery
- Be knowledgeable of NSTHRC/TIANS initiatives to assist with general inquiries
- Assistance with NSTHRC/TIANS events
- Support and promote all NSTHRC/TIANS activities within the realm of the organization
- Prepare activity updates as requested
- Other tasks as deemed necessary
Please email resume, including a cover letter, to: NSTHRC@tourism.ca
Thank you in advance for applying.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted
- MISSION STATEMENT:
Nova Scotia Tourism Human Resource Council (NSTHRC) – The NSTHRC’s mission is the development of a skilled and professional workforce for the Nova Scotia Tourism Industry.
Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia (TIANS) – As the voice of tourism, TIANS’ mission is to lead, support, represent and enhance Nova Scotia’s Tourism Industry.