The Youth Internship Project (YIP) financed by the Nova Scotia Association of Community Business Development Corporations (NSCBDC) provides work experience for new graduates and offers Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Community Economic Development (CED) organizations access to skilled workers. This project also fosters the growth and sustainability of SMEs and CED organizations in Rural Nova Scotia.
NSCBDC has offered a non-repayable contribution to the Cheticamp Economic Council (CEC) to hire a youth intern.
Key skills and competencies:
- Organizational skills;
- Planning and coordinating skills;
- Communication skills;
- Marketing skills;
- Excellent knowledge and use of social media;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Supervisory skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Demonstrates community involvement;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work on your own without constant supervision, as well as being able to work in a team environment, when necessary.
The full-time Project Officer will be engaged in three major projects:
Small niche port for cruise ships;
- Coordinate the arrival of the first adventure cruise ship in June 2016;
- Organize and develop a local Welcoming Committee for the cruise ship visit;
- Prepare an itinerary for the visit of this first cruise ship in the Cheticamp harbour;
- Assist and work with the tourism sector of the Cheticamp area to assure that the necessary infrastructures are in place;
- Work in partnership with Destination Cape Breton in product development initiatives;
- Assure that our marketing scheme promotes the francophone component;
- Report to the Cheticamp Economic Council.
- Identify and coordinate the necessary repairs on the Cheticamp boardwalk infrastructure;
- Work on a social media scheme to promote the boardwalk as an event venue;
- Organize cultural entertainment on the boardwalk;
- Perform administrative duties related to the repairs and general management;
- Periodically update the CEC Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the timely and different phases of the park construction;
- Supervise the quality of the work;
- Assure that the budget is on track;
- Report to funding partners;
- Prepare final reports;
- Coordinate the official opening of the park
- Periodically report to the CEC Board of Directors.
This is a one-year full-time position. Salary is $30,037.50
Applications closes on Friday, October 30, 2015
In order to qualify:
- Be unemployed or under employed;
- Have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution within the last three years;
- Be under the age of 35;
- Not be immediately related to directors, owners, officers or managers of the CEC;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Complete a Participant Information and Consent Form confirming his/her eligibility before being hired by the CEC;
- Complete an evaluation questionnaire at the end of the term.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
President, Chéticamp Economic Council
P.O. Box 572
Chéticamp, Nova Scotia, B0E 1H0
Phone: 902-224-1242 * Email: email@example.com