Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Community Disability Support Workers (Full time) – Bonnyville, Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 35
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Week 1 Monday 9:30am-1:00pm & 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday 10:30am-8:30pm Friday 9:30am-1:00pm & 3:00pm-9:00pm Saturday 1:00pm-9:00am Week 2 Sunday 1:00pm-7:00am Wednesday 9:30am-1:00pm & 4:00pm-9:00pm Thursday 10:30am-6:30pm *11pm-7am sleep shift
Number of Positions: 2
Compensation: $18.7000 – $0.0000 /Hour
—-Sleep rate of $13.60/hr applies during hours between 11pm and 7am—
Care-A-Lot Home in Bonnyville is a lifetime home for three women who are cognitively challenged with high complex behaviour and health needs. WJS Canada provides the people we serve with programs and personalized care that maximizes progress and independence, overcomes challenges, supports strengths and qualities and encourages community integration.
The Community Disability Support Worker job is a front-line role who assists persons with complex needs, mental health concerns, and/or developmental disabilities to live in and actively participate in their community. During overnight hours they ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for the persons in care and are available to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada’s mission is ‘Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services’. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family’s strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family’s belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12
• Prefer Community Support Work, Educational Assistant, Special Needs, PSW, HCA training
• MANDATORY – One (1) year experience with persons with developmental disabilities, implementing behavior plans, high complex behaviour
• Skills in assisting individuals with personal care and behavior management
• MANDATORY – A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
In Your Role You Will
• Implement person-centered plans designed to support and assist persons in a residential group or private home setting
• Be aware of the individual’s physical, social and recreational environments, taking action to minimize risks and maximize participation/inclusion.
• Assist individuals to develop personal home living skills or assist with direct care of high needs and/or medically fragile individuals, as required.
• Provides instruction, guidance and support in a helpful and supportive manner.
• Assist and support individuals to participate in a meaningful way in their personal life planning definition of personal goals.
• Model socially appropriate behaviours (for the individual and the community).
• Administer medical administration or first aid, according to prescribed procedures.
• Participates in shift exchanges, staff communication and communication of issues or concerns.
• Maintain required documentation.
To apply click on the link below:
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.