Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an OHS professional, with a minimum of at least three in a leadership role.
- Undergraduate University Degree / College Diploma in Health and Safety or a related Science.
- Must be fully bilingual (English and French-Canadian), and comfortable with advanced communication, both oral and written, in both official languages.
- Experience in customer services and/or client account management needed.
- Strong proven problem solving, analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent client relations, coaching/mentoring and advocacy skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft software packages and database systems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to an automobile for business
- Valid Passport and ability to support International events and/or operations if necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of Provincial (minimum Quebec) and Federal Occupational Health and Safety Acts and Regulations, CSST legislation.
- CRSP designation (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) is an asset.
The Safety Manager will be responsible for supporting Aramark and its internal Business Unit (BU) client organizations in the design, development and implementation of safety and risk control programs, processes and procedures to protect people, property, environment and company assets. This position will functions as a strategic operational support generalist to enhance safety and risk process improvements. Individual will also function as a key point of contact for addressing operational needs as they relate to all Global Safety & Risk Control functional areas.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with Business Unit (BU) client groups at key leadership level (RVP, VPO, DM) and becoming integrated as part of these executive teams.
- In partnership with BU client groups, directs process improvement to reduce risk and liability and exposure to adverse outcomes (i.e. occupational safety, general liability, food safety, property, environmental, new business risk assessment, large scale project start-up etc).
- Will work in tangent with the Director or AVP to facilitate the formation, functioning and sustainability of Sector and BU Executive and Regional Risk Steering teams (i.e., delivery / communication channels).
- Assist with develop and implement safety process materials on an annual basis to drive continuous improvement in LOB safety and risk control performance. Specific focus will be on cultivating culture change and line management ownership/sponsorship for safety.
- Will routinely represent Safety and Risk Control through presentations and communications with senior and location level management to educate, align and build consensus for loss improvement strategies and culture change.
- Works collaboratively with S&RC peer and technical / subject matter expert support teams, on an as needed basis, to meet client needs.
- Responsible for troubleshooting accident and liability causes and providing viable recommendations for preventing or controlling these issues. Will have responsibility to request deployment of S&RC resources, as necessary, to support BU clients in collaboration with existing S&RC technical and operational support model.
- Will proactively communicate with supported internal clients to help drive improved safety, food safety, and environmental performance. Further, will serve as a “coach” for internal clients to position them as primary sponsors of risk process improvements, which will include scripting of key management messages on a routine basis.
- Responsible for recruiting, assessing, training, and developing themselves, along with other S&RC specialists, as needed.
- Supports Business Unit clients in maintaining compliance with broad group of National and Provincial regulatory agencies
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
To apply, visit the original job posting here.