Protocase is currently seeking Production & Assembly Team Members in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia.
Protocase’s production facility is a busy environment where every order is custom-manufactured from scratch. Our 14,000+ customers around the world are engineers, designers, scientists, researchers and innovators. They depend on Protocase to make professional-grade custom sheet metal and CNC Machined products that meet their specifications, all within our signature 2-3 day manufacturing turnaround time. In order to meet our stringent quality requirements and on-time targets, we need Production & Assembly Team Members with a strong attention to detail who are eager to learn, follow company procedures and take ownership of their work.
We are especially keen to hire employees who can work 20-40 hours during the summer, and then flex to part-time (maximum 20 hours) during the fall and winter.
Protocase’s production facility features a number of stations, each requiring different tasks and skill sets. Our production stations include:
- CNC Machining
- Bending/Brake Press
- Fasteners and Hardware
- Chem-film Conversion
- Paint Prep & Powdercoat Painting
- Digital Printing
- Assembly & Packaging
While experience in a production facility is an asset, above all else we are looking for keen individuals who are highly trainable, can follow procedure and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Education: Completion of high school, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Experience in a professional organization, particularly production/manufacturing, is an asset (we will provide full training)
- Reading and interpreting text and/or 3-D drawings
- Following procedures
- Communication (oral and written)
- Attention to detail
- Working with others in a team environment
- Decision making
- Continuous Learning
- Must be able to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
A Note for International Students Living in Cape Breton:
All hired candidates at Protocase must undergo a rigorous security assessment in order to ensure they are cleared to handle military and military-strategic related goods, as well as Canadian Controlled Goods information and material.
We encourage international students living in Cape Breton to apply to work at Protocase.
However, please note – if you move beyond the initial interview to Round 2 of our hiring process, we will ask you to provide the following documents in order to be considered:
- Copy of your passport (the pages with the photograph and citizenship information only)
- Copy of your work or study permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Document from the academic institution where you are studying indicating that the work they are doing for the registered person is integral to those studies
- An original certificate of good conduct (indicating an individual’s criminal history for each country you have resided in for the past 5 years for a period of 6 consecutive months or more)
- Copies of all identity documents issued to you by the Government of Canada or any province
About the Organization
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc is a rapidly expanding company that focuses on combining advances in software with advanced manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries. Using the expertise and dedication of more than 185 employees, Protocase is proud to have a client base of over 14,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more.
To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
There are specific skills that Protocase would consider a major asset:
- Operating machinery
- CNC Machining
- Transporting materials and finished products
- Quality assurance
If you possess any of these key skills, please make sure to clearly specify on your resume.
Besides earning an hourly wage range of $13.38 to $14.38 (at 20-40+ hours per week), you will be eligible for a productivity bonus that typically ranges from $2.75 to $6.75 per productive hour. You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Six paid statutory holidays, plus three additional paid flex days
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits at six months
- Cost-shared Company Pension Plan at six months
- Cost-shared YMCA Fitness membership at three months, for both you and your family
- Regular social events, including pizza parties and staff events
- Discounted tickets at Highland Arts Theatre
- Access to Protocase Skybox Suite for Screaming Eagles hockey games, as well as tickets for Highlanders Basketball, Boardmore Theatre and Celtic Colours International Festival
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please specify “Production & Assembly Team Member” in the subject line of your email) or drop off your resume at Protocase Building 1 – 46 Wabana Court in Sydney, NS