CBU Student Ambassadors are student representatives and brand ambassadors for Cape Breton University. As a student ambassador, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Enrolment Services Team both in office and off campus for local recruitment initiatives and events. This position will work closely with our Enrolment Services Professionals in the Student Welcome Centre. Student ambassadors can obtain up to 15 hours a week but these hours will fluctuate week to week depending on the needs of the Enrolment Services Department. Student class schedules will however be taken into consideration when scheduling shifts.
• Must be enrolled at Cape Breton University and in good academic standing
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a good working relationship with other ambassadors and university employees
• Good judgement skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work non-traditional working hours
• Drivers licence is an asset
• Must be familiar with all popular social media platforms
Student Ambassadors would be responsible for managing and conducting Campus Tours. As a campus tour lead, you would show potential students and their parents around the CBU campus. Tours would consist of both one on one and larger groups.
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to, answering inquires via phone, assisting with administrative tasks, and responding to email inquiries regarding CBU program offerings.
Responsible for answering any potential student inquiries through a chat form in a timely manner.
Events and Recruitment:
Help with planning and execution of all on campus events hosted by Enrolment Services along with attending many on campus events hosted by other departments. Student Ambassadors would also attend recruitment events with our Enrolment Services Professionals in the community and at local schools.
Please email cover letter and resume to: