- Knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software (specific experience using SolidWorks would be considered a major asset)
- Solid understanding of 3D modeling environment
- Keen attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Focus on client satisfaction
- Criminal background check
About the Benefits:
Besides the potential to earn an hourly wage that ranges between $20 and $28 (20 hours per week), you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Regular social events, including team lunch & learns and staff parties
- Discounted tickets for Highland Arts Theatre productions
- Access to Protocase Skybox Suite for Cape Breton Eagles hockey games, as well as tickets for Highland Arts Theatre and Celtic Colours International Festival
Protocase is currently seeking part-time Mechanical Engineering Technologists to join its Engineering and Design Services team in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia.
Our customers – engineers, scientists and designers from the upper echelon of innovation and science – depend on Protocase to manufacture custom sheet metal products from scratch that meet their design specifications, all within our signature 2-3 day turnaround time. As a Mechanical Engineering Technologist, you will assist in preparing manufacturing buildsheets based on customers’ designs so that they can be efficiently and accurately manufactured within our facilities.
As with all Protocase employees, the successful candidates must be focused on our customers, who depend on us to accurately and efficiently manufacture quality custom products. Attention to detail and diligently following procedure is an absolute must.
We provide full training to our new team members. If you have the right aptitude and attitude, with a keen desire to learn and immerse yourself in our processes and procedures, you will be a great fit!
This is part-time role that would be perfect for university students. Shifts will be scheduled for evenings and weekends, up to 20 hours per week.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume to email@example.com (Please be sure to specify “Part-Time Mechanical Engineering Technologist” in the subject line)
- Drop off your resume at our main building – 46 Wabana Court in Sydney, NS, between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM
Positions available to start as soon as possible, apply today!
***Requirements for any International Students wishing to apply***
Any student who is successful in the interview process must complete the request for exemptions for temporary workers and international students by submitting an application form for exemption from registration—temporary worker/international student, a security assessment application form—temporary worker/international student form and provide the following supporting documents:
- a copy of the passport (the pages with the photograph and citizenship information only)
- a copy of the work or study permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- in the case of an international student, a document from the academic institution where they are studying indicating that the work they are doing for the registered person is integral to those studies
- an original certificate of good conduct (indicating an individual’s criminal history for each country they have resided in for the past 5 years for a period of 6 consecutive months or more)
- copies of all identity documents issued to them by the Government of Canada or any province
- A request for exemption must be completed and submitted for each temporary worker and international student in the organization who will be required to examine, possess or transfer controlled goods.