Working at KPMG allows you to gain valuable on-the-job experience while building your
professional network and business acumen. Being part of the KPMG Global member firm of 152
countries and 189,000 professionals, you’ll be part of a high performing team and have access to
ongoing professional development and mentorship at every level. You will work with national and
global organizations, adding value and gaining valuable on-the-job experience. At KPMG, we’ll
provide you with the support to drive your own career and discover the countless opportunities
Our “One Firm” culture is changing the way we do things. Together as one team, we are forging
the future of the firm through transformation, innovation and acceleration. There’s a place for your
skills, ideas and interests at KPMG, along with an opportunity to set the pace for years to come.
We offer an award-winning work environment, challenging career development programs, global
opportunities, and the chance to work with some of the best and brightest people.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence,
are driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with
clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional
should have all of the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
What you bring to the role
We are looking for candidates, including those just recently completed an undergrad in finance,
accounting, data analytics, human resources or IT, that have a passion for service excellence,
technology enabled solutions and hands-on experience with technology.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of the following skills, behaviors and
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly and articulately identify
and define problems and develop creative solutions to address client requirements
- Impeccable attention to detail, superior communication skills, both written and verbal,
including the ability to communicate with client stakeholders, work closely in a collaborative
team environment, and lead teams and project deliverables is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to develop workshop presentations and process documentation
(advanced Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, Word skills)
- One to three years of experience in SaaS software configuration and development using
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience working directly with customers
and clients is a plus
- Knowledge of any of the technology enabled platforms outlined above as well as experience
delivering IT system implementations is a plus
- Experience working in a client facing role with both technical and functional stakeholders
with strong relationship management skills and a passion for client satisfaction and delivery
- Willingness to undertake specific technology enabled system certifications and/or
designations mutually agreed upon.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Business
Intelligence, Math, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related technical field from
an accredited college/university
- Certification in any of the above technology enabled platforms will be considered a plus
- ITIL foundations, intermediate or expert level certifications are a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Individuals looking to pursue the CPA designation as part of their involvement with our IT
Advisory practice will be considered a plus.
- Demonstrated confidence and a strong entrepreneurial drive
- Self-starter and inquisitive mind-set
- Structured thinker and passion for self-improvement
- Willing to travel.
What you will do
The technology landscape of our clients is growing in complexity and size, and so is the need for
solid IT technology enablement capabilities. Our IT Advisory practice is growing quickly to help our
clients tackle these digital-age challenges, and we are currently focused on developing our multidisciplinary
support team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
For this reason, we are looking for talented individuals at the Consultant, and Senior Consultant
levels, specifically interested in developing a technology enablement career specifically focused
- Oracle ERP
- Microsoft CRM, SharePoint and Dynamix 365.
You will be part of the IT Advisory Management Consulting group, working on a variety of
engagements and industries that will seek your insights and expertise. In addition to delivering
exceptional work, you must be passionate and committed to growing the IT Advisory practice by
actively shaping the portfolio of services, building marketing materials, responding to proposals
and participate in marketing, networking and recruiting initiatives.
Your ability to demonstrate strong communication skills, understanding of the big picture and fit
with our culture is mandatory. Individuals who can work in a dynamic, fast, fluid and
entrepreneurial team environment will excel, and find a wide range of opportunities within our
Roles and responsibilities
Client delivery activities and areas of responsibility include:
- Design and deliver consulting and technical methodologies around the the various
- Work with clients to assess current-state processes and tools, define system requirements
and develop and configure the respective platforms
- Support the team responsible for the implementation and administration of the system
platforms, including managing system configurations, gathering and documenting user and
process requirements, developing workflow customizations, and performing quality
- Responsible for leveraging knowledge and experience to deliver end-to-end methodologies
within the specific technology platform which includes architecting technical implementation
of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, organizing and prioritizing development effort,
interfacing with vendors and management, and coordinating effort of one or two additional
- Provide expert-level support and technical mentoring, assist customers with proof-of-concept
activities, and lead practice build efforts to include development of practice
intellectual property (IP)
- Performance of various project team roles to help achieve project deliverables on time and
Internal KPMG activities and areas of responsibility include:
- Building and growing the IT Advisory practice: marketing, recruiting, thought leadership
- Business development: proposal development, marketing, presentations, etc.
- Working cross-functionally within the Management Consulting practice
- Identifying and creating learning opportunities for the broader practice
- Developing and coaching others in achieving their full potential.
Please apply directly to KPMG at kpmg.ca/careers.
All applications must be received no later December 15th at 4:00 p.m. AST.
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your
formatting. Applications can be addressed to Hiring Manager and should include a cover letter,
resume, and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript. If you do not have access to an
electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your
If you experience any difficulties with the online system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is
essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
Our Values, The
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging
applications from all qualified individuals.