What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
Education, Certification and Experience
Student enrolled in Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Management, or similar program;
- Must have completed at least one year of study;
- Work experience in records management, archives, or similar role;
- Well-developed analytical skills, written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Has a keen interest in records and information management;
- Is a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and is detail oriented;
- Is proficient with computers including the Microsoft Office suite;
- Must be able to lift up to 22 kg
- Knowledge of IM frameworks, processes, applications, and systems.
At Marine Atlantic, we do so much more than get people from point A to point B. Whether it’s reunions, long-awaited trips home, or the start of a new adventure, we bring people together. We couldn’t bring people together every day without our own dedicated employees. Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented team-players who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
Marine Atlantic is currently looking for 2 Students to work with our Information Management department located in North Sydney, Nova Scotia.
The IT/IM Division is charged with all Information Technology and Information Management functions for Marine Atlantic. This includes the complete life-cycle (from deployment to disposition) of all IT systems, proactively seeking out IT improvements areas, delivering IT services and supporting these IT services for internal clients. The IT/IM division is critical for ensuring the necessary systems, infrastructure and support are available to enable the day to day operation all other functional areas of MAI. The IT/IM division is also critical to ensuring that corporate information is appropriately managed and protected, as well as that the Management of Marine Atlantic has the information it needs to run the organization effectively and efficiently.
The Information Management Student reports to the Manager of Information Management and the purpose of the position is to assist in the maintenance of the records and information management program.
Additional Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assists in the maintenance of the records and information management program;
- Assists in coordinating the effective operation of the corporate records centre;
- Ensures confidentiality and security of information is maintained at all times;
- Adheres to legal requirements;
- Promotes a safe working environment; attends and participates in tool box meetings as required, reports any unsafe work practices or equipment to co-workers and manager.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Why work for the Marine Atlantic team?
As part of the Marine Atlantic team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities to navigate your career and chart your course for success. We provide a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
How do I become a part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please send a relevant cover letter and resume including contact details for two references to Megan Ringer (Megan_Ringer@cbu.ca) before 4 pm (Atlantic Time) on Thursday 9th May 2019.
At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Marine Atlantic invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. If you are a member of one of these groups, we invite you to self-identify on your application, cover letter or resume.