Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada. At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued and respected.
What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
A degree/diploma from a recognized university/college in an IT related field
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training, and experience in a related position
- Customer focused with experience in Customer/Client Support organizations and processes.
- Project and Time Management Skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Sound communication skills and experience working alongside other IT and business management professionals.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and a demonstrated ability to function effectively with a high degree of interdependence and autonomy.
- Ability to manage and/or coordinate projects, respecting all deadlines.
- Broad technical and application knowledge to provide advice and assistance to support staff and vendors involved in problem resolution.
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex information to individuals at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM and other industry standard IT support related frameworks.
- Provide tier 1 and 2 technical support to the business.
- Respond to telephone calls, emails, and requests for ticket routing & escalations.
- Assist team members in responding to more complex escalated inquiries.
- Project management activities including co-ordination, scheduling, and risk and change management for business IT projects and initiatives.
- IT system sourcing, development, implementation, integration, enhancement, and maintenance.
- Produce and maintain production and coordination of relevant end-user documentation/training of technology usage.
- Ensure a smooth delivery of services and communication of technology issues to the entire user community.
- Provide training to new hires.
- Assist in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as required.
- Promote a safe working environment.
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online: http://www.marineatlantic.ca/hiringnow.
Application deadline is July 30th, 2019 at 4 PM.