We are currently seeking an Information Specialist/Librarian to be part of our team in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting our well established Canadian and global health economic and market access services for medical device and pharmaceutical products.
The successful candidate will provide Cornerstone services as an Information Specialist to support a wide range of projects.
- 275 Charlotte Street, Suite 207, Sydney, NS
- Will be negotiated based on education and experience
Cornerstone Research Group (www.cornerstone-research.com) is a fast-growing, internationally recognized consulting company located in Burlington, Ontario and Sydney, Nova Scotia. Our focus is on identifying, demonstrating, and communicating the value of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products for companies in Canada, the US, and Europe. We offer innovative health economic, outcomes, and comparative-effectiveness services along with multimedia communication platforms. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality work that has been published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals. We have a reputation for strategic thinking that supports the development of tools that meet the needs of both our clients and health technology assessment agencies.
- The qualified candidate will have a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science, or equivalent.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Conduct searches using a variety of sources to identify literature to support ongoing projects (i.e., MEDLINE, EMBASE, but some HTA websites and grey literature as well)
- Deliver search results to Cornerstone staff in EndNote X7 format
- Ensure that search strategies adhere to international best practices including PRISMA and HTA guidelines (e.g., NICE Guidelines)
- Draft search strategy findings according to PRISMA/HTA Reporting Guidelines
- Assist in the defining and refining research questions as they pertain to the project objectives
- Develop inclusion/exclusion criteria to be implemented during screening processes
- Screening of abstracts and full-text articles against defined inclusion/exclusion criteria to assess suitability for inclusion in the review
- Validation of data abstraction and extraction
- Perform quality assessments of underlying studies using accepted methods (e.g., Cochrane Risk of Bias Tool)
- Study selection based on reviews
- Draft tables and figures for analysis results
- Draft and edit sections of project deliverables (e.g., reports, protocols, manuscripts, statistical analysis plans) and dissemination activities, such as abstract and manuscript preparation
- Systematic reviews
To Apply: please send your application including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is July 12, 2019 at 4pm.