Since its introduction in 1997, Celtic Colours has grown to become one of Canada’s premiere musical events, and a cultural highlight of Nova Scotia’s tourism season, collecting accolades from regional music awards to national and international tourism awards. For nine days in October, Cape Breton Island is home to a unique celebration of music and culture as the Celtic Colours International Festival presents dozens of concerts all over the island, an extensive line-up of community events, and a nightly Festival Club.
Celtic Colours International Festival is seeking a competent and motivated person for the position of Box Office Attendant. The successful applicant must have a passion for people, music and Cape Breton Island.
- Previous customer service experience
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Cape Breton Island’s geography and culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in the use of computers
- Detail oriented
- Previous experience in ticketing considered an asset
- Using specialized software for sales of tickets and merchandise
- Processing financial transactions
- Sorting and organizing mass mail-outs and will-call tickets.
- Providing information and customer support to patrons about festival programming and pricing
- Answering customer inquiries over the phone, in person and via email
- Providing travel and logistical information as well as directing patrons to appropriate aids and partners to assist in travel plans
- Providing in person support at sales wicket and on-site at venues as required
- Maintaining filing systems for tickets, vouchers, gift certificates, giveaways, etc.
- Providing administrative support to the Box Office Manager and other staff members
- $12/hr for 6 hour days; 2-3 days per week – but Successful applicant must be willing to work extended hours during the festival and as needed throughout the season.
- This is a term position that runs from late June to mid October.
How to apply:
- Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including references by Friday June 17th. We thank all applicants for their interest and wish them all the best in their job hunt and future careers; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.