The Transportation Innovation Lab (TIL) is seeking to hire a Coordinator to oversee the testing of a point-to point transportation service in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality. The Coordinator will work closely with Common Good Solutions’ (CGS) staff, as well as taxi providers in the CBRM, to organize, manage and evaluate a point-to-point transportation service. This is a contract position, offered between the months of April 2019 – October 2019, with the possibility of extension.
- Experience and Educational Requirements
- Experience working in a customer service role
- Experience with computers
- Prior experience with the Transportation Innovation Lab is not required but is considered an asset
- Essential Skills Required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with people of different backgrounds, such as users, taxis, organizational partners, and manage large numbers of inquiries and requests
- Excellent organizational skills (e.g. record keeping)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- The job may require extended periods of sitting.
- The position will be based in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality. Applicants will have the option of working from home or in a shared office space.
- The position will be full-time (40 hours per week); weekend work, and possible evening work, will be required.
This is a contract position, offered between the months of April 2019 – October 2019, with the possibility of extension.
Over the contract period, the Coordinator will work approximately 26 weeks of 40 hours per week work @ $20 / hour, plus 4% vacation pay.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A. Customer Service
a. Respond to all user and potential user inquiries in a helpful, professional and timely manner (by phone, text, email or social media)
b. Manage the user application process
c. Respond to last minute changes around user transportation requests and scheduling
- B. Coordinate Routes and Providers
a. Manage user bookings and coordinate routes to pick them up
b. Utilize a computer program to build out routes and keep track of route information
c. Communicate with taxi providers to assign routes and answer all provider questions
- C. Monitor, Adapt and Evaluate the Service
a. Work with CGS staff to design and implement monitoring and evaluation processes to collect required information
b. Keep careful records to collect information over the test period, such as application information, user information, route information, provider information, no show information, etc.
c. Monitor the feedback phone-in line to record complaints, suggestions, and general feedback about the service
d. Work with CGS staff to adapt the service, based on information received during the test period
Please send a cover letter and resume to Chloe Donatelli at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Friday March 22, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled the week following (March 25 – 28).