About This Organization
The Good Health Festival Society is looking for Assistant Event Coordinators. We are a non-profit organization focused on promoting health and wellness retreats and specialized events within the community, including culinary feasts, community hikes and promoting music and local musicians in the area.
* Enrollment in first year of post-secondary education from a recognized education institution
* Must be a full time student in 2018 and 2019, including high school graduate to post secondary education
* Have or develop good verbal and written communication skills
* Administrative – help to manage incoming inquiries through telephone, website and partner sites
* Public relations – collaborating with event organizers to manage and execute events
* Act as Liaison – Interfaces with various groups and guests to meet all of their necessary needs
* Participate in a fun and dynamic team environment
* Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to prioritize tasks and to take initiative
* Pay attention to detail and fully complete tasks
* Be coach-able and willing to learn
* Have personal integrity
* Enjoy being in a rural area of Cape Breton
Knowledge (Either needs to know or be able to learn easily):
* Experience with computers and basic Microsoft software.
* Knowledge of social media and graphic design experience is helpful but not required
* Knowledge of local Cape Breton Island cultural events and outdoor activities
About This Position
Help educate, promote & deliver events including Music Festivals, Culinary Feasts, Educational Workshops, Wellness and Yoga Retreats, Group Hikes, Multi-Cultural experiences with mentors & participants across different cultures
· Planning, organizing and coordinating events
· Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites.
· Manage event setup, tear-down and follow ups
· Build and adhere to an event budget to avoid project overruns
· Establish standardized event procedures and train staff into properly executing them
· Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on future event
· Involve in websites, blogs, social media development & maintenance
· Access local media and partner organizations including; Destination Cape Breton, Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort, the local Mi’kmaq reserves, St. Ann’s Bay Development and Health Centre, Cape Breton University and other education institutions, Breast Cancer Action Nova Scotia, Cancer Centre of Sydney, Girl Guides, Physically Active Victoria County, Music Nova Scotia.. Essential Qualifications
Length of term: 8 to 14 weeks, Summer 2019
Compensation: $12/hourly for 40 hours per week
Staff Rental Housing and access to kitchen are available onsite.
To Apply: Submit your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st, 2019.