Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
Our fuels business involves managing the distribution, marketing and retailing of Esso-branded fuels to a variety of customer segments across Canada. Our lubricants business handles the manufacturing, distribution, marketing, sales and engineering support of world-class oils and greases including Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil across Canada.
No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide ranging programs and benefits.
The Retail team is responsible for developing and executing activities that support our business objectives, which you will learn about as well as Imperial’s industry-leading product lines, business standards, operations, processes, and our company wide safety value – Nobody Gets Hurt.
• 3rd or 4th year university Business, Commerce, or Economics
• To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
• Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong project management, analytical, time management skills and a solid proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
• We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic, results-oriented individuals who are energized by working with people and by achieving superior results.
• The ability to conduct business effectively in both English and French is an asset
• A valid driver’s license and a safe driving record are requirements for this position
In this position, you will be given the opportunity to have a wide variety of responsibilities promoting our world class brands – Esso and Mobil. You will contribute directly to improvements in site performance by assessing, developing, and implementing tools and programs to support Branded Wholesalers and individual consumers.
The Retail Sales Support Student will play an important role in helping the business improve their day to day effectiveness through process enhancements, data analysis and support of new growth opportunities.
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Enhancement and simplification of key business processes.
• Development of tools that enable easy sharing of resource materials and communications with Branded Wholesalers.
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis of key metrics including volume and margin performance.
• Supporting projects that focus on the growth of our Retail Branded Wholesale network.
• Key interfaces include Retail Territory Managers, Retail Support Team and various Retail Marketing organizations.
• For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre employment background screening will be required.
• We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.