Unama’ki College is hosting a research symposium in January 2019. We will hire a maximum of two students on short-term contracts to help prepare for and run the symposium, as well as assist in the preparation of a report following the symposium.
Contract start and end dates will be determined in consultation with the successful candidate(s), but the anticipated dates are January 7 to March 29, 2019. Note that the contracts will be a maximum of 100 hours. Rate of pay will be determined based on the student’s educational background and experience, according to CBU guidelines (range: $13.00-18.00).
This position reports to the Senior Research Associate, Unama’ki College.
- CBU student, preferably in third year or higher (MBA students are encouraged to apply)
- Available to attend symposium on January 24 and 25, including the evening of January 24 (except to attend classes)
- Knowledge of Mi’kmaw culture and protocols
- Excellent note-taking ability
- Proactive; able to anticipate needs in advance and work to address them
- Ability to synthesize and summarize information
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, but also a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Assist organizers in the lead up to the symposium with conference-related tasks
- Participate in the symposium, serving as a note-taker for the event and helping to run activities, such as sharing circles and feedback sessions
- Provide assistance to Elders as needed during the event
- Prepare summaries of the outcomes and recommendations from the event based on notes and related materials
- Listen to recordings of event to ensure all important points are captured
- Work with the Senior Research Associate to revise, edit, and finalize a report following the symposium
- Assist the Senior Research Associate in incorporating feedback from participants following peer review of the draft report
- Based on the report, draft content for a powerpoint summary of the event and outcomes
- Other related tasks as assigned
Please forward a copy of your resume, along with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, to Janice_Tulk@cbu.ca by 5 December 2018.
We intend to conduct interviews during the week of December 10-14.