- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary studies. Preference may be given to those who possess an undergraduate degree or certificate from a post-secondary institution;
- Be fluent in both official languages of Canada;
- Have a valid driver’s licence;
- Be dynamic and have an enthusiastic personality;
- Be able to work independently or in a group;
- Have strong organizational skills;
- Have excellent time management skills;
- Experience presenting to groups and public speaking will be considered an asset;
- Experience or education in public relations, sales, and promotions will be considered an asset;
- Experience with any or all of the Official Languages Programs (Odyssey, Explore and Destination Clic) will be considered an asset;
- Experience with the Nova Scotia French Language Assistant Program will be considered an asset.
- In cooperation with the supervisor and the provincial coordinator, the promotion agent plans, organizes, and coordinates travel and visits to educational institutions throughout Nova Scotia;
- Arranges visits to any other relevant organizations or events (for example, information fairs, educational evening events, employment fairs);
- Promotes the programs by preparing and delivering dynamic presentations in classroom settings, kiosks and to various groups;
- Keeps the supervisor informed about their itinerary and their visits on a weekly basis
- Performs other program-related duties as requested;
- Prepares end of year reports;
- Represents the Council of Ministers of Education (Canada) (CMEC) and the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD) in a professional manner;
- In province travel will be necessary; and
- Evening or weekend work may be necessary on occasion.
The mandate of the promotion agent is to promote the following Official Languages Programs with the goal of increasing the number of participants:
Promotion Agents in Nova Scotia must also recruit candidates for the Nova Scotia French Language Assistant Program.
Term: 35 hours per week, from September 2019 to May 2020
Salary: approximately $27/hour
Location: Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Halifax
Note: Candidate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Include in the subject line: Nova Scotia Promotion Agent
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.