Education and Experience
- University Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Bachelor of Arts – Community Studies, Human Services, Youth Worker or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of population, health promotion and developmental stages.
- Experience in child and youth programming and community development.
- Minimum two years related experience working with youth, families and the community.
- A working knowledge of government and community-based programs and services that relate to the intended populations needs.
- Knowledge of applicable Child Welfare legislation
- Current certification or willingness to become certified in safe food handling, WHMIS, Emergency First Aid and Infant/Child CPR
- Class 5 Drivers’ License
This position requires:
- The ability to function both independently and collaboratively
- The ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- A satisfactory Child Abuse Registry check and Police Check.
- Access to reliable transportation and willingness to obtain a Class 2 driver’s license within 6 months of start date.
Part time Youth Workers assist full time staff deliver programs and services under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. As part of a team the successful candidate will work with ages 5 to 18 encouraging them, providing support and helping them to achieve their potential. With the primary focus on personal, social, cultural and educational development, a part time Youth Worker helps develop, organize, implement and oversee the day-to-day youth programming to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
Salary to be negotiated
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Friday, March 22, 2019
Resume and a cover letter should be dropped off in person or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Chester Borden, c/o The Boys & Girls Clubs of Cape Breton – Whitney Pier Youth Club, 111 West Street, Whitney Pier
No phone calls, please.