Become TEFL certified, gain professional teaching experience, learn one of the world’s most in-demand languages, and improve prospects for graduate school and future employment.
Ambassador Year in China (AYC) is a unique opportunity for recent college graduates to become Educational Ambassadors by spending a year teaching, learning, and making a difference in public schools across China. Participants experience the challenges and distinct rewards of being immersed in one of the world’s fastest-developing economic and cultural landscapes. Each week, twenty hours are spent teaching, ten hours are spent in the office or in support of students’ activities, and the remaining time is spent in collaborative or self-directed pursuits, such as language learning, exploration, and community engagement.
- 6000 RMB (~$900) salary per month;
- 7500RMB (~$1150) travel allowance awarded at the completion of the program;
- TEFL training and certification (free 120-hour course);
- Chinese language instruction;
- Full Legal Status (Chinese Work Visa & Residence Permit);
- Health insurance;
- Housing (conveniently located on or near your school’s campus).
- Native-level English speaker;
- Possess a valid US, UK, Canadian, or Australian passport (required to obtain the TEFL certificate and Chinese working visa);
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (all majors welcome);
- Able to pass criminal background check;.
- Adaptive and culturally sensitive;
- Positive attitude toward educational exchange.
So far AYC has seen more than 500 Educational Ambassadors come to China to teach in more than 200 Chinese public schools, which has benefited over a hundred million Chinese students. The program is dedicated to helping college graduates expand their horizons and enhance their careers by spending an academic year teaching, studying, and immersing themselves in cities across the People’s Republic of China. AYC is designed to give participants a chance to gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and to strengthen their professional skills while also teaching English language.
- Teaching in public schools (primarily tier 2 and tier 3 cities) – placement depending on the needs on host schools
- Primary middle and lower high school levels, with some elementary schools – majority of students aged 10-15 years old
Please visit the company’s website for additional details.