The CBU Students’ Union is currently seeking an individual to fill the student position of Campus Affairs Coordinator. This position is designed to enhance student life by promoting societies on-campus, and work with the Students’ Union Finance Department.
- Must be a member of the CBU Students’ Union as outlined in By-law 1.01 and registered CBU student prior to September 30, 2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organization skills
- Capable of operating office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Maintain an active list of societies and their Executives, as well as, ensure that all societies fill in the essential information on the society application form.
- Deal with all funds requests and deposits for individual societies and work with the Finance Manager to ensure budgets are maintained.
- Ensure that proper society guidelines are being followed and that reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Act as a liaison between the Students’ Union and societies and schedule regular meetings with society executives, including one mandatory society meeting in the fall.
- Work with the staff to arrange at least one society fair per semester.
- Organize at least one Capers Helping Capers fundraiser per semester.
- Submit a monthly report of activities to the VP Finance & Operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume quoting CAC-0315 no later than 4:00PM on March 15, 2019. Applications may be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Administration & Health Plan Manager using the information at the bottom of this posting.
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
CBU Students’ Union, 1250 Grand Lake Rd., Sydney, NS B1P 6L2 * 902-539-2886 (fax)