LOCATION: National Office, 45 Vogell Rd. Richmond Hill, ON
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: August 6th, 2019
START DATE: September – December 2019
ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, nearly 20,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
• Assist in promotional planning, buying and other key aspects of our e-commerce including promotional product selection; placing orders with suppliers
• Source and provide product recommendations for sponsor gifting
• Communicate with key suppliers and partners for merchandise related requests (e.g. Adidas)
• Maintain current customer and vendor catalogue files
• Provide administrative support including the following:
o Purchase orders, invoicing, photocopying or other administrative duties as assigned
International Programs Preparation:
• Maintaining and organizing of accreditation filing system
• Assisting with processing of all accreditation information for Team Canada
• Preparing of accreditation binders for on-site Games use Media Guide/ Website:
• Assisting with inputting of all required photos, data and team rosters into online Media Guide
• Assisting with the creation of overall Team Canada schedule for website
Mission Staff Operations and Travel:
• Updating welcome letters for selected mission and medical staff members
• Maintaining mission staff and NSO email address lists in shared email contacts groups
• Assisting with preparation of mission staff meeting materials
• Assisting with mission staff travel bookings
• Assisting in preparation of all cell phones and SIM cards for cargo
• Assisting with inventory/packing/labeling of cargo
• Assisting with inventory of all uniform items
• Participating in Pick’n Pack Day and assist in distribution of uniforms packages
• Completing updates to Policies and Procedures Manual and Emergency Action Plan as directed by Manager, Sport & International Programs
• Updating and preparing all required on-site documents and policies for cargo
• Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related field: Merchandising, Marketing, Sport Management, Business Administration or related undergraduate programs.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize appropriately in a fast paced environment.
• Be administratively organized and detail oriented.
• Creative and out of the box thinker.
• Strong team player with ability to work independently.
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
• Computer savvy, including all Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Quick study and willingness to learn.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
• Travel may be required.
• Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 6th, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. Please indicate the top
three (3) positions you are interested in applying for. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be
To be considered for these positions, all applicants must be currently enrolled in a program approved by a university or college and require the internship for
academic credit needed to graduate.
COMPENSATION: Performance based honorarium up to $1,500 may be awarded at end of internship term.
REFERENCES MAY BE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST