LOCATION: National Office, 45 Vogell Rd. Richmond Hill, ON
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: August 6th, 2019
START DATE: September – December 2019
ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, nearly 20,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the coordination of the content schedule on the web and posting news on usports.ca
• Assist with ensuring the website is up-to-date, accurate, and functioning properly (e.g. for National Championships, Special Events, About pages, etc.)
• Produce weekly and monthly analytics reports for the website
• Monitor schedules, statistics, and standings for all sports and teams to ensure accuracy
• Work with historical digital content, archiving videos, photos, historical records, schedule / results, statistics, and standings
• Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Computer Science, Communications, Digital Media, Journalism, New Media, or related undergraduate or graduate programs
• Experience working on websites, specifically with Content Management Systems (e.g. Word Press, Drupal, etc.)
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Design skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign considered an asset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with other team members as well as function independently
• Bilingualism is preferred, but not required
• Quick study and willingness to learn
• Initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY: Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 6th, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. Please indicate the top
three (3) positions you are interested in applying for. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be
To be considered for these positions, all applicants must be currently enrolled in a program approved by a university or college and require the internship for
academic credit needed to graduate.
COMPENSATION: Performance based honorarium up to $1,500 may be awarded at end of internship term.
REFERENCES MAY BE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST