LOCATION: National Office, 45 Vogell Rd. Richmond Hill, ON
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: August 6th, 2019
START DATE: September – December 2019
ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, nearly 20,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
Objective of the Compliance and Eligibility Intern is to assist in eligibility management and member compliance.
• The position will require significant interaction and overlap with all other departments within U SPORTS
• Though principle report will be to the Manager, Compliance, Eligibility & Discipline and the Chief Sport Officer, reporting structure may change based on day-to-day tasks
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with development and maintenance of U SPORTS management portal
• Maintain and organize records of eligibility documents
• Assist in monitoring policy compliance within eligibility, recruiting and athletic scholarship portfolios
• Compile interpretations and collate casebooks
• Compile, summarize and process appeals
Selected candidates will develop essential skills and gain valuable experience in one or more of the following areas, with the aim to prepare them for a successful career in sport.
• Role of policy compliance within U SPORTS
• Sport management technology development and implementation
• Knowledge of the Canadian sports system is an asset
• Understanding of U SPORTS regulations would be an asset
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong team player with ability to work independently
• Quick study and willingness to learn
• Bilingualism is preferred
HOW TO APPLY: Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 6th, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. Please indicate the top three (3) positions you are interested in applying for. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To be considered for these positions, all applicants must be currently enrolled in a program approved by a university or college and require the internship for
academic credit needed to graduate.
COMPENSATION: Performance based honorarium up to $1,500 may be awarded at end of internship term.
REFERENCES MAY BE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST