LOCATION: National Office, 45 Vogell Rd. Richmond Hill, ON
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: August 6th, 2019
START DATE: September – December 2019
ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, nearly 20,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
• General administrative support for the Operations Department
• Administrative support for the Senior Leadership Team on various tasks and
• U SPORTS Governance
• Project management for National Championships/Corporate Events – timeline
management, meeting management and deliverable management
• Liaising with championship hosts to provide support and overall direction as
• Logistical support: such as shipping and receiving, inventory management and
• Assisting with U SPORTS awards process and selection
• Assisting with U SPORTS Corporate Events and Awards: including: Academic
All-Canadians, Athlete of the Year Awards, Governor General Awards, U
SPORTS Annual Meeting and Conference, U SPORTS Honours Awards, etc.
• Other responsibilities upon request
• Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field:
Event Management, Marketing, Business Administration and other related
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks appropriately, in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Be administratively organized and detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong team player, with the ability to work independently
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Quick study and willingness to learn
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System
HOW TO APPLY: Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 6th, 2019, to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. Please indicate the top
three (3) positions you are interested in applying for. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be
To be considered for these positions, all applicants must be currently enrolled in a program approved by a university or college and require the internship for
academic credit needed to graduate.
COMPENSATION: Performance based honorarium up to $1,500 may be awarded at end of internship term.
REFERENCES MAY BE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST