- Post-secondary education major in Business, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance and Accounting, Statistics or Computer Science
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with data analytics software packages, data visualization tools and programming languages (Tableau, Python, R, SAS, SQL, etc.)
- Prior exposure to valuations and/or risk analysis of financial trading products would be an asset
What is the opportunity?
Internal Audit works to review what’s going on behind the scenes of all lines of business across RBC. It is the ideal work environment if you’re interested in seeing how things work, are curious about digging deep into data to discover new things and like to use your imagination to make recommendations or drive insights.
By joining us for a 4-month long Fall position, you will be involved in a variety of challenging assignments, allowing you become familiar with a wide range of areas across RBC, while also strengthening the skills and knowledge you need to launch a successful career. Our students benefit from interesting work and networking opportunities, and are encouraged to collaborate on innovations.
What do you need to succeed?
Along with pursuing a post-secondary education and being available for a work term commencing in September 2019, there are some other qualities that we look for in members of Internal Audit.
- Be Curious. You don’t have to have an audit or accounting background in order to be successful here. What we look for is someone who has an interest in understanding and learning about auditing principles and techniques. Someone who is able to think critically and isn’t afraid to recommend an approach or challenge others’ opinions in a constructive manner. Someone who has a passion for learning and personal development, and wants to spend their summer collaborating with a diverse group of talented individuals.
- Be Tech-Savvy. Internal Audit is a leader in finding innovative ways to use technology to be more efficient and impactful. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Excel, is required. Experience with data analytics tools such as Python and visualization tools like Tableau are also an asset.
- Be Adaptable. We are a busy part of RBC where there is always a lot on the go. We are looking for someone who thrives in a dynamically changing environment with strong project management skills, allowing you to multi-task, prioritize and work independently under tight timelines.
Does this sound like you? If so, then a summer position with RBC’s Internal Audit team is the job for you. See below for information on the Fall 2019 opportunities available within Internal Audit.
Capital Markets & Risk Management
Assess and provide objective assurance on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management practices and corporate governance processes in order to identify whether controls are operating effectively to improve business operations. Key tasks may include:
- Participating in audits, control design review, continuous audit review and consulting engagements
- Participating in planning sessions to develop audit techniques using data analytics
- Using Tableau to develop data analytics and visualization reports
- Preparing management reports
Positions open to students currently registered in a Co-op program click here to apply.