At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees.
- Education Required:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Public Relations, or Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and or Business Administration degree program with related coursework
- In good academic standing
- You are interested in being a part of the Communications and Public Relations team of a large, diverse organization
- You have the ability to work well under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines, and changing priorities
- You will thrive on seeing a project from start to finish while organizing and completing a detailed checklist to ensure the smooth execution of the event
- Excellent knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Suite of products with particular ability in PowerPoint
- The ability to use Photoshop in the creation of promotional materials and visual aids
- Knowledge of current trends in Social Media and the ability to maximize their effect
- Ability to multi task and recognize changing priorities
- Attention to detail
- A valid driver’s license
- The ability to speak English and French is a definite asset
Our Communication group provides their services to all areas of our company. In this role you will be immersed in the communications and public relations activities of a large organization taking on the following responsibilities:
- Organizing on-site events at our various operations
- Press conferences and company announcements that includes the gathering and production of various communication products in a diversity of mediums
- You will gain experience in internal and external communications by serving as a resident reporter.
- Creating and coordinating the production of visual elements like signage, banners, and presentation materials will also be part of this assignment.
- Other day-to-day Communications tasks
This is a Co-op position. Please send resume and cover letter to Megan_Ringer@cbu.ca by Monday July 29th, 2019.
September to December, 2019.
Thank you for your interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.