Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety, we’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers and rewarding jobs to our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the term position of Finance Co-op Student in our Accounts Payable department.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years of post-secondary education with a focus on Finance, Accounting or other Business related program of study
- You are a supportive team player and possess strong interpersonal skills with a high level of confidentiality
- You are energetic, enthusiastic, a problem-solver and possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong data entry skills with speed and accuracy
- Demonstrated process improvement mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with ability to work independently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- You pay high attention to detail with a high accuracy level and have the ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner ensuring you achieve results
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint in particular).
- Previous Oracle Financial experience would be considered an asset
In this fast-paced, high volume environment, you will participate in the full accounts payable (A/P) cycle. The student is accountable to provide support and assistance to the team. This work will include:
- Processing supplier invoices for goods and services received
- Reconciling supplier accounts and reviewing vendor statements
- Maintaining customer relationships with suppliers and employees by providing requested A/P information to a variety of internal and external resources
- Entering and uploading payments to banking platforms and monitor the weekly cheque run as required
- Meeting monthly closing and reporting deadlines on a regular basis, including weekly posting to General Ledger and assisting in monthly AP module close
- Assisting with annual issuing/submission of government forms
Duties also may include opening and sorting mail, directing inquiries, filing invoices, and providing other accounts payable duties as required.
You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of your co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
Deadline: August 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
To apply, click on the following link: