- Education Required: Pursuing a University degree or College diploma or equivalent experience in business;
- Years of Experience Required: < 2 years
- General Knowledge of forecasting techniques
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to coordinate working with a team and various departments;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Previous experience in MRP/ERP systems, production control & inventory management will be considered an asset;
- Experience in programming MS Excel Macros would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office is required;
- Experience using Cognos and Forecasting System would be considered an asset.
STUDENT – DEPLOYMENT PLANNER
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Based out of Dieppe, NB, reporting to the Distribution Planning Manager, the successful candidate must thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a “can do” attitude. Working with various stakeholders, the successful candidate will develop a plan, communicate plan changes and develop scenarios using multiple inputs and analysis. As this is a four month contract position, it is a great opportunity for a Co-op Student or recent Graduate.
- Build and update transfer shipments within the inventory and transportation management software;
- Initiate and coordinate communication between the plants and carriers regarding shipping/receiving product and maintaining appropriate inventory levels;
- Manage and maintain appropriate safety stock levels in outside warehouses;
- Work closely with customer service, planners and distribution to ensure timely execution of the deployment process and cost effective flow of product within the network;
- Develop, build and maintain reporting mechanisms to identify existing or potential inventory issues related to deployment;
- Support or lead project activities associated with the development and continuous improvement of the deployment planning process;
- Perform other duties as required
Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by June 28th, 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.