A little bit about us
Venor was started by two partners who shared a vision and a passion for building a different
kind of talent firm. Rather than offering the typical quick-fix solutions, we take a very proactive
and personalized approach and offer a full suite of career talent services, such as recruitment
on behalf of our clients, human resources consulting, succession planning and career transition.
Our small size is our strength, with an approach that treats you like family, but has far-reaching
connections. We work closely with clients, get to know their businesses and focus on
understanding the unique individual needs. We build strong relationships and always
communicate with honesty and integrity. The quality of our client relationships, resourcefulness
in business, along with our vast networks, allow us to consistently deliver the right talent
solutions for long-term success.
The same holds true for candidates who choose Venor. We are empathetic in our approach and
help people advance their careers and make the right moves by getting to know them and their
About the position
If you are interested in being part of an entrepreneurial team dedicated to building connections
in Atlantic Canada and you are passionate about digital marketing and crafting compelling
content – we want to hear from you.
Any degree with a focus on Marketing or Business and flare for marketing
The right person:
● Loves everything digital marketing! You follow blogs, podcasts, peer groups, etc. and are
an active learner and contributor in those communities.
● Is an independent-thinker who enjoys working on a variety of projects with a small team
while leading the planning and delivery process.
● Takes a metrics and data-driven approach to executing marketing initiatives. You are
passionate about the science behind creative marketing.
● Is a creative and analytical thinker not afraid to bring new ideas to the table and better
yet excited to be the one to make them happen!
● Possess a wicked sense of initiative and ability to learn and adapt to evolving needs
● Is a hustler and a go-getter – you aren’t afraid to take initiative and adapt to evolving
● Is excited by working with a small team in an entrepreneurial environment
The tech and “soft” skills needed:
● Ability to demonstrate experience to date related to the above responsibilities (can
include personal projects, academic projects, volunteer work, contract work, etc.)
● Organized with the ability to take an idea and run with it
● Solid research skills, attention to detail and resourcefulness is a must
● Experience with Google Analytics, SEO and AdWords is an asset
● Experience with running ad campaigns on social media and running social media
accounts is a significant asset
● Exposure to WordPress or another website CMS is ideal but not required
● Work directly with Senior Leadership to create short-term and long-term digital
marketing plan(s) for business
● Manage day-to-day execution of plan for the duration of placement, which could
○ Curating social media content in alignment with company objectives including;
■ managing social media accounts (Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook,
etc.) including researching articles, posting articles, events and job ads
and responding to posts
○ Create a company Instagram page and drive engagement
○ Posting jobs to company website (Verge/Wordpress)
○ Generating and pursuing media and/or promotional opportunities
○ Implement systems and/or tools to monitor results of marketing efforts and
track results using those systems
● Create and/or edit content (written and images) for website, blogs, and social media,
working with Senior Leadership.
● Make and likely implement recommendations about digital marketing strategies and/or
initiatives to be deployed.
● Using analytics, conducts research to analyze customers’ behavior (e.g. purchasing
habits, trends and preferences) and implement strategies to best capture our audience.
Dates : May-August 2019
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Notes: 2-3 portfolio samples will be required as part of the
application; can include writing, marketing campaign
snapshots, social media campaigns, branding
This is a COOP position. Please see Nadine Ratchford for application details. firstname.lastname@example.org