What is the United DFC Soccer Club?
In December of 2017, the members of Cole Harbour Soccer Club, Dartmouth United Soccer Club, Eastern Passage Soccer Club and the Dartmouth Football Club (DFC) chose to merge into one (1) unified soccer club called United DFC. United DFC’s vision is to create an environment of collaboration, sharing and innovation to improve all levels of soccer and organization and to offer the players, the coaches, the volunteers and the communities an enhanced soccer experience to keep players playing Soccer For Life. United DFC currently has just over 2600 members and is looking to grow our membership in the 2019 season.
With the 2600 players come 5000+ parents and connections to the business community and the community at large. Being a part of United DFC is an excellent networking opportunity and the opportunity for success is great. The club strives to build a family friendly, professional atmosphere which is ideal for a co-op work term. Work tasks are varied and there is opportunity for leadership of projects. Every work day will be different and opportunities for creative problem solving abound. We have an office with full time hours and 4 permanent staff.
- Well-developed organizational skills to meet deadlines, excellent oral communication skills, writing skills, fluency in Microsoft Office programs and Google suite, attention to detail, independent worker, self-motivated
- Criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry will be completed
Administrative Assistant to Technical Staff –
United DFC Soccer Club Co-Op Position
- Create team lists within UDFC Goalline and NSSL Goalline.
- Make changes to team lists and update lists in all goallines and UDFC databases.
- Arrange field bookings/allocations for practices
- Communicate with Members/Coaches/Managers as appropriate.
- Assist with scheduling
- Assist with tracking of backup coaches/staff assignments
- Assist with Training location bookings and communication regarding same.
- Track attendance at DOS/TD arranged events.
- Collect feedback on Training events for improvement where possible.
- Communicate with SNS/NSSL as appropriate
- Manage coaching clinics
- Supporting Programs – including Mini and Skills Centers
- Interact with players/ parents/ staff/ volunteers
- Maintain database of volunteer safety checks
- Assist Head of Soccer with all duties related to coach development
- Support club technical staff to develop a comprehensive coaching development program including mentorship opportunities, seminars, support for all interested (including new) coaches and feedback for coaches
- Maintain and communicate a coaching development schedule/ calendar
- Be first point of contact for club coaches and assistant coaches who are looking for support
- Assist the office manager and technical staff to ensure all communications are passed on to coaches and managers.
- Assist the Head of Soccer to facilitate a youth coaching and mentorship program for youth players who want to volunteer within the club. Ensure these youth coaches are trained, supported and receive feedback to facilitate growth.
40-60% of the time may be spent performing the following tasks:
- Support Office Manager in day to day operations
- Play an important role in registration for over 2500 players – data entry, answering questions, in person registrations, collecting payments, using database, refunds, etc.
- Support staff, board and committee volunteers with tasks as assigned
- Book fields as requested by technical staff
- Assist with scheduling
- Manage payroll for Office Manager to approve
- Support the Equipment team (all volunteers) with ordering, inventory, sorting, repairing, tracking equipment, etc.
- Oversee Jersey deposit collection and jersey distribution
- Run United DFC “store” where members purchase club clothing
- Maintain databases
- Office reception – including emails and answering telephone. First contact with guest in the office
- Other tasks as assigned
16 weeks Begins January 7, 2019 Ends April 26, 2019
$15/hr, 35 hours per week – will require some evening and weekend work
Program of Study: Business/ Business Admin/ Commerce/ Management/ MBA/ Ma/ PR
This is a Co-op Position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for eligibility information.