Still interested? Here’s what it will take to be successful in this role (Qualifications):
– Must be a 2nd semester junior or senior currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate program.
– Business, Supply Chain or Logistics background preferred, but we will consider any Business related major.
– Must be at least 18 years old.
– Must be able to pass reference check.
– Must have unrestricted right to work in the Canada.
– Must have recent or relevant work experience or related college involvement.
– Must be willing to travel to Glenview, IL for a couple of days in August.
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
We’re looking for a summer 2019 Supply Chain and Operations Intern to work at our distribution center in Montreal, Qc. Our Supply Chain and Operations Internship Program is a 10-12 week paid program that will encompass all aspects of operations within our Operations Network. Interns will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Planning, and Distribution in a customized program. Our interns will also have the chance to learn about our sales process and support functions to help them gain a full understanding of a global distribution business. Throughout the summer you will work on a capstone project that will add value to our business and give you valuable experience for your career. The project, and its outcomes, will be presented to a panel of business leaders at the end of the internship at our corporate offices in Glenview, IL.
– You’re highly organized and detail oriented. You always have an extra pen for those friends who forgot theirs. You may even be a huge fan of color coding.
– Must be absolutely committed to follow through on service commitments. You feel like you let your customers or teachers down if you do not finish your projects on time.
– You’re self-directed, motivated and goal oriented. You do not wait to hear from your manager before starting your work day and you always have a plan.
– You must be an excellent problem solver. You know there’s always more to the story and you dig to find the answer.
– Sitting still is not fun for you. Our warehouses are fast paced, non-stop action. So you’ll be expected to be a quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
To Apply Click Here