Parks Canada is a federal government agency responsible for the protection and presentation of Canada’s outstanding natural and cultural resources through a system of national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites in all regions of Canada.
Passionate about connecting with the public, teaching and sharing new experiences?
Parks Canada is seeking highly motivated team-players with excellent communication skills to join our dynamic team and help deliver outreach activities in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must be registered in a recognized university, college or CEGEP education program
- Applicants must have completed one year of full-time post-secondary education by May 2019
Applicants must be returning to full-time post-secondary education in September 2019 or January 2020
- Degree equivalency
- Experience delivering and leading public activities/programs/lessons
- Experience working or volunteering at public/special events
- Experience creating and delivering presentations/public speaking to a variety of audiences
- Experience in interpretation and/or public engagement
- Engage audiences through activities and programs at special events like festivals, celebrations, and public events, at diverse venues such as museums, beaches, public spaces, waterfronts, libraries, parks, and more.
- Inspire and Connect urban families, young adults and new Canadian audiences with Parks Canada protected places to learn more about our environment, our history and Canada’s rich heritage.
- Create and Present innovative programs and interactive presentations to support trip planning to Parks Canada places in Atlantic Canada including National Parks and National Historic Sites.
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Peggy Gordon, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org.