Are you passionate about connecting with nature?
Do you enjoy traveling and working in an outdoor setting?
Parks Canada is seeking highly motivated team-players with the ability to perform a variety of maintenance tasks in various settings, both front & back country at Kejimkujik NP& NHS.
- Applicants must be registered as a full-time student in a recognized institution (high school, CEGEP, College, University, etc.). Proof of full-time student status will be required.
- Applicants must be returning to full-time post-secondary education in September 2018.
- Degree equivalency
- Experience working or volunteering on maintenance or construction projects
- Experience providing service to the public
- Required to wear a Parks Canada uniform as per the uniform policy
- Required to wear appropriate protective clothing
- Willingness to work varied hours, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Willingness to work outdoors, sometimes in adverse weather conditions
- Required to physically perform strenuous work and walk extended distances while carrying a load up to 50lbs
- Willingness to travel to various locations in Kejimkujik and participate in overnight or multi-night trips
- Willingness to travel in watercraft
- Required to undergo and pass pre-placement medical check
- Maintain trails, roads and campsites by trimming vegetation, leveling trail surfaces, repairing boardwalks, painting or delivering firewood
- Working on or around the water in boats or canoes
- Interacting with our visitors to enhance their outdoor adventure
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Peggy Gordon, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org.