Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
The Algorithmic & Quantitative Trading group is seeking students with creative and structured thought processes who have an interest in the fast-paced world of electronic trading.
Global Equities – Algorithmic & Quantitative Trading
If working in a fast-paced and exciting environment with a group of passionate and like-minded individuals appeals to you, the Algorithmic & Quantitative Trading group is looking for you. As a member of Global Equities, the team is responsible for continuously improving and creating new automated execution strategies covering North American equities and is widely known as one of the most progressive groups in finance in terms of both culture and innovation. By being a part of the team, you will contribute to and start new projects that have real-world and significant impact on how RBC Capital Markets does business on a daily basis. Members of the team possess a diverse set of skills ranging from creating thinking to quantitative modeling and machine learning and apply them to market structure research and algorithmic trading strategies.
Past accomplishments have included RBC’s patented smart order routing technology known as THOR (as mentioned in “Flash Boys”) and Canada’s first artificial intelligence trading network.
- Creative and novel problem solving approach
- Programming experience in statistical modeling languages (R or MATLAB preferred)
- Proficiency in optimization and Bayesian statistics
- Experience developing reinforcement learning models
- Strong desire to be part of a team and excellent communication skills
- Experience in finance not required
What will you do?
- Research, create, and implement quantitative trading strategies using optimization and cutting-edge machine-learning techniques
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to expand already-existing algorithms that trade millions of shares and thousands of times a second
- Analyze market data to investigate previously unexplored structural research areas
- Think critically and creatively within a collaborative and close-knit team working on Canada’s largest trading floor
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org