Anticipated Start Date: January 2020
About Protocase Inc.
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc. is a rapidly expanding company that focuses on combining advances in software with innovative manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries. Using the expertise and dedication of 165 employees (and counting), Protocase is proud to have a client base of more than 13,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more. We are proudly ISO:9001 certified and AS9100D registered, as well as ITAR compliant and registered with Canadian Controlled Goods.
To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
About the Opportunity
Protocase is currently seeking a Quality Systems Intern to join its team in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. We are growing rapidly, and continually improving our capabilities and procedures to ensure we are offering our customers the very best in custom manufacturing in terms of speed, simplicity and service.
In 2017, Protocase officially became ISO 9001:2015 registered and AS9100D certified, after more than a decade of deploying its own ISO-like quality standards system. In order for us to uphold our quality standards and procedures, we need a Quality Systems Intern to assist the Quality Systems Manager in overseeing and leading all aspects of maintaining our quality standards and certifications that we have achieved.
In order to thrive in this role, you must be willing to learn ISO standards and/or AS9100 quality standards, and be able to apply these standards with a practical, common-sense approach.
- We feel that a successful candidate might come from an engineering, business, or public health program, but students from all eligible co-op programs are welcome to apply.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extremely high attention to detail, especially in terms of auditing
- A strong sense of urgency while working on multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and handle stressful situations
As Quality Systems Intern, your core duties will include:
- Helping to oversee the structure, improvement and compliance of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensuring QMS processes, procedures, forms, templates and other documents are kept up to date.
- Helping to arrange and conduct regular internal audits on compliance with the QMS.
- Making arrangements for external audits as required.
- Ensuring all departments are continuously improving through corrective action and follow-up.
- Working with Process Owners and the Quality Systems Manager to monitor and control QMS Key Performance Indicators.
- A full training module will be provided to the successful applicant in their first week, so no Quality Systems experience will be required, only a willingness to learn!
- The successful applicant will be guided and mentored throughout the course of the work term
- Wage: $15/hour, 40 hours/week
- Term: 12 to 16 weeks depending on start date
You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- A flexible, exciting, and positive work environment
- Regular social events, including team lunch & learns and staff parties
- Discounted tickets for Highland Arts Theatre productions
- Access to Protocase’s Skybox Suite for Screaming Eagles hockey games, as well as tickets for Highlanders Basketball, Boardmore Theatre and Celtic Colours International Festival
How to Apply:
- Email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com (please specify “Quality Systems Intern” in your subject line)
Students MUST be enrolled in a Co-op program in order to apply for this position.