Who we are:
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
• Enrolled in 3rd year of studies in chemistry, environmental science, biochemistry, or toxicology returning to school after the work term
• To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
• Basic understanding of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and familiarity with Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
• Demonstrate high level of self-initiative, with a strong desire to learn new knowledge and skills
• Highly motivated, results oriented, and possess strong communication skills
• Ability to work in collaborative environment to ensure effective project delivery
In this position, you will provide support for compliance with product safety legislation and its regulations to business line operations. Work assignment will be based in Calgary, Alberta.
Work activities may include:
• Reviewing chemical, physical and health hazard information on Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for the purpose of assessing compliance with existing regulations
• Providing support for project to transition SDSs to new regulated format (i.e., WHMIS 2015)
• Support company Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management system and processes
• Support compliance with product safety legislation
• Support creation of finished product, stream, and waste SDS(s)
• Supporting Product Safety Advisor through responding to employee inquiries related to hazardous products encountered within the workplace, as well as to queries in the area of product safety regulations and legislation
This is an 8 month term commencing May 2019.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
• Gain experience in improving and maintaining product safety compliance programs
• Long tradition of business support for Product Safety programs
• Excellent opportunities for mentorship and learning from a team of experienced product safety professionals and industrial hygienists
• Learn about Canada’s Oil & Gas Industry and Imperial’s commitment to Health & Safety
• Term relocation assistance is available for those who qualify
• We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
• For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
Eligibility to work in Canada: All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: February 3, 2019, 11:59pm MST
If you are interested in this co-op position, please contact Peggy_Gordon@cbu.ca.
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.